Saturday 16 May 2015

Welcome to Escaping Essex





Picture Location: Mexico

First things first (queue you singing the rest of Iggy Azaelia's "Fancy" in your head), welcome to my new little blog venture. Some of you may recognise me from my previous circa 2011 - 2013 blog antics - yes, it was one of the standard "fashion and lifestyle" blogs that we are now inundated with.

The main reason you're reading this post is that my interests have changed. Don't get me wrong, I love an ASOS sale as much as the next girl, but recently my money seems to disappear into the deepest darkest depths of the travelling world. I'm that friend that will text you (while I'm probably meant to be working) simply saying "I've found £30 return flights to Copenhagen, you game?". 

As the name suggests, I currently reside in a tiny little Essex town, which while lovely, it's a tiny little bit boring. I am working as a personal tax advisor in London, and lets face it... confined office walls are also rather boring. But I make sure that every single annual leave day/bank holiday/fake sick day (oops...) is spent doing something amazing! Maybe one day I will bite the bullet and leave the rat race (please don't read this boss!)

Over the years I've been lucky enough to see a fair chunk of the world - albeit I am only 20 years old and the majority of this was dictated by my parents, now I'm ready to see the sights for myself, do things my way and hopefully write a semi-interesting blog along the way! 


No comments:

Post a Comment